Selasa, 27 Mac 2012

The Confession

Last night I drafted a super short story. I'm not that good with English, so there will be a bunch of grammatical errors and some *sticky* words. Hoho.

This short story is actually an individual task for ELS 3101, Tutorial week 9. Each of us need to create an ending of a story with complex sentences. The beginning of the story goes like this:

I have been sitting on this bed looking at the door, ever since.  That door never opens, well at least from my side. The knob doesn’t even twist, it’s made well. This room is like a prison. None thing is meant to leave, but just stay here. I just wonder why I’m here, but there is no one to answer my questions, I have so many but no one to hear them. I feel somewhat like no one in here. My name, age or even appearance doesn’t matter here. It has no point here, none thing matters anymore …… none thing! I stand up and walk to the wall and start punching it, with every turn the punches come harder, then a scream cuts the emptiness in the room. I look around the room to see were that sound come from. Then..

The story above is provided by the group in charge for Tutorial week 9. There might be some adjustment, so forgive me if my writing messed up ;O
      

The Confession.


I have been sitting on this bed looking at the door, ever since.  That door never opens, well at least from my side. The knob doesn’t even twist, it’s made well. This room is like a prison. None thing is meant to leave, but just stay here.

I just wonder why I’m here, but there is no one to answer my questions, I have so many but no one to hear them. I feel somewhat like no one in here. My name, age or even appearance doesn’t matter here. It has no point here, none thing matters anymore …… none thing!

I stand up and walk to the wall and start punching it, with every turn the punches come harder, then a scream cuts the emptiness in the room. I look around the room to see were that sound come from.  A familiar voice. It was so familiar that I could swear I have been listening to it for years.
Bang.
Something crashed through the window. In a matter of seconds, shatters of broken glass and wooden splinters filled the room. Everything changed in a blink of an eye. The glaring sun shone through the cracks on that wall and windows, and here I am standing still at the dark corner of the room.

It’s been a while since the last time I was holding my chest, grasping for air from unsuspected things to just happen so abruptly. Am I going to die pathetically, alone? Panic is not an option. My eyes began searching wildly throughout the room, tailing the thrown object. It must be something hard, and a big one, of course.

Oh my God. The word mutters out of my lips as I stared directly to this red creature. Angry eyes, yellowish beak and surprisingly no limbs attached. I’ve been wandering back and forth in this tamely earth and seen a lot of bizarre things without freaking out. But it took a few minutes of suspense and clueless moments for me to realize that it was a – none other than – an ANGRY BIRD!!

So, I have to admit it. I’m a king. I lead a pack of hungry pigs who deliberately stole a bunch of eggs for lunch. That act of survival costs us our precious peaceful future. Those Angry Birds keep flying from their slingshot, with our homes as their targets. My fellow pigs, be strong!

the irony



P/s : I don't think the title of this story really suit up the whole thing. Argghh.   

1 ulasan:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...